Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Neighborhood

Hi everyone ,
I'm here after a week full of midterm exams :) so far so good.

My neighborhood in Saudi Arabia is totally different than my neighborhood in Canada. First of all, in my neighborhood in my country we live in such an age categories, old people together, young together, and kids together. At the same time, everyone knows each other old, young, and kids. We always take care of each other. For example, when someone of our neighbors is sick, we visit them, make food for them, and take care of their children if it necessary. On the contrary, I live in a home stay in North East  of Calgary. My home stay father has been living in the same place for over 15 years. Although, he knows few neighbors. I was surprised, but I thought that was because of his personality. So far I have been living in this neighborhood for about 7 months. I even don't know my neighbor's name :( 
I see them drive their cars when I go to school in the morning or when I come back home every day. Almost there is no connection between neighbors in this neighborhood.
I'm wondering what some causes of this situation?!
Does anyone have faced like this situation?!

Thank you :)

--
Hassan

5 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you are talking about. It's really hard to get to know people here in Calgary, even if they are your neighbours. I think people like to keep to themselves in the city. Everyone is working so much that when then come home, they don't have the energy to visit their neighbours. I have to be honest, I would think it would be weird if my neighbour knocked on my door and invited themselves in for tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I know that also but you knoe what I do I try to talk to them if I had an appropriate chance:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya you are right Hassan
    that's so weird but actually I adapt with this situation,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys
    Scott, The Daimond Rain, and Ashjan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the life hassan, there are a lot of people and countries with their customs,values,beliefes, and when you live,taset or try another new life you'll suffer in the beginign but you hafta adapt with it.
    So, my brother don't upset(^_^) live these moments in your life wherever you be, people in canada are very kind and if you go to them and talk, they'll be so nice trust me, just try it or leave it.
    personally, i don't like when anyone come to my home with out prior planning, but i can accept it some time, you want some privety time with your self after long day, am i right hassan ?

    try to get alot of privecy in your life hassan, even if you have some neighbors, trust me it's better (^_*)

    ReplyDelete